Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Grocery Bag library table

This is the tale about a lonesome table lying in an Ohio flea market booth.  While visiting in Ohio, we came upon a local flea market.  Once inside, we were hunting the booths until I came upon the top of what looked like a library table.  I inquired about the piece and the booth owner directed me to two brown paper grocery bags  full of remaining parts for the table.  I asked him if all the parts were all  there and he told me that he thought so, but it was a gamble.  I wish that I had taken a picture then of the bags.  Not feeling very confident about the piece and wondering if she could survive surgery and be remade whole once again, I asked about a price.  $32.00 was his answer. " I'll take it!"

Once home, the operation of putting the base and legs together was  a challenge.  The legs were assembled like a puzzle.  Thanks to my awesome husband, the job was completed. I don't believe I would have had the patience.  This is the pre-paint job.

The hard part was done.  Now it was on to the priming and painting.
Finally, all that was needed was a bit of bling.  The crystal drawer handle finished the table off.

This humble piece now is one of my most favorite pieces.  Life out of a grocery bag...Isn't she a beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment