Saturday, March 3, 2012

The March Foyer

Trying to come up with an idea for our March foyer evolved very slowly.  I gathered up my Belleek pieces, a loden green hat, a  rosary  and some other vintage jewelry to embellish the space.  I knew that I wanted to use my little 'lassie' bust for the focal point.  Last but not least was my annual St. Paddy's Day card.

This is the start of the layering process.



Something was missing from the bust.  Over the summer, on a trip home, I visited a neighbor of Mom's who had a garage sale the week prior to my arrival.  She invited my two daughters and myself over for a 'shopping adventure'.  I loved this vintage lace collar that I had spied in her wares.  In days of old, instead of buying new dresses, ladies of that time would just add a collar and have a whole new dress.  I loved the daintiness of the handiwork and it brought to mind a lassie from the old country.

Doesn't the collar just add the touch that our Lassie needed?



They say that March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. Tornadoes swept through the Alabama area last week.  Damage reoccurred in one of the same spots from last April.  Please keep these people in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment