Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Mantle

I have really simplified the spring mantle this year.  The fact that Easter is coming up in a few weeks made the brainstorming that much more challenging.  I wanted to bring in some fresh color.

 While my sister was visiting 2 weeks ago, we went to a great estate sale.  She bought some awesome silver plate pieces for very good prices.  I bought this lime green plate with a chip for $1.00.  I needed some fuchsia pink to marry the combo.  The sweet woven hat already had the fuchsia peony, so that completed one side of the mantle.



It was easy to pull out my two mosaic crosses out and an addition of a crystal egg finished the scene. Adding the large oval mosaic tray went along with the mosaic theme.  Simply stated, Easter is our most glorious holy day.

To complete the look, I pulled my favorite faux hydrangeas into a glass vessel that I've had for at least 30 years purchased at Crate and Barrel.  A few gingerbread pieces, an  Easter basket and a vintage French champagne basket finished the fireplace opening.  The handles and hinges on the basket deteriorated over time, so I improvised and used French lavender ribbons to fix the basket.   Even more reason to treasure, my Grandmother used this basket to keep her knitting needles and patterns contained.





With all the blooming trees and bushes outside, I feel the freshness of spring once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment