Thursday, March 29, 2012

What will $.25 cents buy?

Walking into a flea market, I instantly spied an artichoke.  When I reached for the guilded beauty, I realized that it was made of paper mache'.   There was no weight to it. The price was even more of a shock-- quarter, 25 cents!  What a splurge.  It just needed a little TLC to revive it's dated look.

 When I bought it, it had a guilded burnished gold look.  Sorry that I don't have a picture of the before.


I applied two different mediums on this piece.  The first coat was some crackling liquid found in the acyclic paint department at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.  After it was dried, I applied a top coat of acrylic white paint.  That was it. 


It is fun to complete a project once in awhile that does not require a person to run out and get supplies.  Both of the products used in this project were in my paint stash.


'Miss Artichoke' moves around the house quite often standing stately in the background.  For a mere .25, she is worth her weight in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment