Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rocking chair Herb garden

I found this adorable vintage rocker at an estate sale for $16.00  It's chippy green color caught my eye.


I think my husband used at least 3 different electric saw devices to cut through the vintage almost petrified wood seat.



   I think my husband used at least 3 different saws to cut through the vintage hard very old seat.  Next, I added a pot and a liner to keep the moisture in.


I had great intentions of growing 5 different seed packets from scratch.  I planted Italian parsley, rosemary, basil, chives, and dill.


As some projects go, after 4 weeks, I became very impatient with the growth.  So, off to Home Depot to purchase starter plants.  I planted basil, chives, rosemary, Italian parsley.





 Once in the pot, I put it on the front porch since the sun over the roofline protected it from all day full sun.


I was thinking of spray painting the chair high gloss black, but I couldn't make myself paint over the shabby green.


A perfect spot would have been to place the chair in my bed of winter pansies, but the heat would have been too much.


Let's hope that all summer long, I will be able to snip the herbs for some fresh tasting dinners.






































































No comments:

Post a Comment