Tuesday, December 18, 2012

MIni portrait Christmas Tree


From recent posts, you must now realize that I LOVE mini ornaments bought at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.  I began buying them about 10 years ago.  At the time, I would buy two of the same ornaments every year.  Then, I would place each of my girls in the frames.  So after 10 years, I have accumulated many beautiful Christmas pictures of our girls.

             These ornaments are also great to tie onto packages for other family members. If you don't have a recent picture of this family member, print out their name, in fancy script, on a piece of card stock, insert it into the frame, and it can be used as a tag on that particular present.


This year, I decided to finally display them in a 3 foot tree adorned with lights.  I can't help but smile looking at all the past Christmas memories. (OK, there is one family picture that was made for our Arkansas church tree.  Each family would bring an ornament to hang on the family tree in the sanctuary.  When we were getting ready to move, I asked the lady in charge of the tree if I could have the ornament back.)                                                                    

Recall the grocery bag of almost thrown out ornaments?  Well, here is the rest of the pile laid out in a set of vintage sewing drawers.

                                                                       
I still find it hard to believe that someone would throw these fuchsia pink vintage ornaments out.

A fabric remnant used in the making of my first quilt gently lays under the tree branches pulling more pink into the scene.


       
  Pulling the quilt rack that Dad had made covered in my favorite quilts accents the background.The top quilt was made by my dear friend Tara and it carries a friendship message on the backside of the quilt.


                                                      
                       With this back drop of color, the tree is nestled amongst  an explosion of color.

                                                             
                                The sun streams in through the morning window.

                                                     
Imagine at night what a cozy reading corner this has become for the winter months.  Having the memories of those precious little girls' smiles sitting next to me in my reading chair.  It is a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment