Sunday, June 23, 2013

COFFEE TABLE SETTING WITH TOILE BOOK COVERS

Because all of the blue and white porcelain is display in the Great Room area, it was time to channel a bit of it to the coffee table.

Last year I bought a roll of cobalt and cream  toile wrapping paper from Tuesday Morning. In order to incorporate a bit into the coffee table setting, I covered two of my books with the wrapping paper.



I am probably dating myself to say that I learned this technique from the nuns at our Catholic grade schools using grocery bags.  I recall laboriously making all the folds and creases exactly perfect.  My high schooler still brings her textbooks home to cover them the same way.



Look inside at the glorious artwork right inside the cover



My young peasant woman bust blends well with the recently updated Paris Grey coffee table.  The faux cement heart unifies the tray. The added cobalt blue binding from a $1.00 library book sale compliments the wrapping paper covered books.



Laying a  vintage frame with a mirror insert on the table unified the setting





No comments:

Post a Comment