Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Foyer

I promised myself that I wouldn't try to keep up with doing both a mantle and foyer styling for each month.  I had just too much Easter paraphenalia out there, so I relented.

Years ago, I started collecting these paper mache eggs decorated with vintage designs.  I was hunting around for a receptacle to place the eggs, when I pulled a piece of silver plate that I have not used before.  Not to side track anyone, but.....

While in Boston, my husband and I attended these special sales at a store called Frugal Fannies.  Usually they carried many silver plate items, with discounts up to 75%.  I don't think they are available anymore, but they were quite exciting to attend.

 This is the type of item that I probably would never purchase, however, the price was too good to pass up.  I knew that I could use the piece on holidays.   See tag. 






                                                                    And the inside.


        I think that the roll top vegetable server lends an interesting look to holding the eggs.  
  

To add some more interest, I pulled out an ice water pitcher that I picked up at an estate sale a few weeks back when my sister was visiting.  The faux peonies were added for a bit of color.


                                 With the background of the silvered mirror, it feels calming.


I also had a vintage Easter postcard with ducks that I placed into a silver frame.  I have been collecting beaded chicks after Easter sales. 


I pulled out a faux flower box that was on major clearance at Dillards years ago.






                                 The foyer now welcomes Spring.(Excuse the unsightly cord.)

No comments:

Post a Comment