Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Easiest Window Covering in the World

My friend Susan just texted me a picture of a very clever window dressing.  It brought to mind one of the fastest, easiest window coverings ever.

All you need is a square table topper.  I had an old Battenburg lace tablecloth in my pile of linens.  I pulled it out, washed it, and ironed it.

Next, you will  need to measure the distance  between the window jams.  Go out and purchase a small tension rod to fit the appropriate width. The last step is to fold your fabric on an angle and hang it over the rod.   No pins to secure it.  The weight of the fabric drapes over the rod.   I really like the look against the glass block window.






      Here is your answer to a 5 minute fix window treatment.  Dig through your linen closet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment