Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shabby Nightstand

While vacationing in Illinois one summer, I asked Mom if I could take a  vintage bedside table home with me to refinish.  This is what it looked after stripping and sanding.


I wanted to give it a coat with some sheen, so I used an oil based paint.  It is Olympic Premium        Exterior Oil Gloss.  I purchased it at Lowe's  The label color is WHITE-73710.

I have used this paint on most of my shabby wood projects.  It cleans up nicely with a damp rag and doesn't seem to fade.


                                    Originally, I used it as an end table in my living room.
Then, I decided that it would work better in my bedroom.



And a closeup of the front.

                                          I think it works well with the white headboard.















No comments:

Post a Comment