Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tea Service

It seems that the Easter vignettes were put away too soon, only to pull out the Spring items.  We are having cooler weather this week in Alabama, but it was welcomed after a few weeks of hotter temps.  Plants are growing outside and attending them everyday is becoming a scheduled event on my calendar.

I was looking for a wooden piece to create a spring arrangement.  I had this vintage silverware caddy in my stash for what seems like forever.  (As you can see, it has a $2.00 price on it.)


In the past, I have used these types of drawer to hold desk items.  (Future blog)  But, today, I wiped this piece down and started picking up stuff to fill it.   Since it had numerous compartments, I got busy. 

                  I pulled a stack of seed packets  and some miniature gardening tools out  for fun.


I have always collected vintage salt cellars.  These items were used in the day before Morton Salt  boxes.   Women would fill the cellar and leave a small spoon in it.  Before the doctors gave such a bad name to salt intake, each setting at a table had it's own salt cellar.



I found my Splenda packets and put them in a cute wire basket.  With Splenda, I needed tea cups and saucers.


And finally, I added the tea box.  With added silver and a few spring blooms, the arrangement was complete.

                                Time for Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment